How can I reverse legal guardianship? 5 Answers as of September 15, 2015

I live in one state and my son is in another state. Because of financial issues I allowed my friend to take guardianship of my infant son. For insurance purposes we went through the court system. My friend and her husband have been granted temporary guardianship. I let me wishes be known that it is now time for me to regain custody of my son. How do I go about this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Hire a lawyer. It's almost always worth the investment. Your lawyer will likely advise you to file a petition to terminate the guardianship. Of course you will need some legally cognisable grounds for terminating the guardianship, but they may already exist. Good Luck.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 9/15/2015
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
More information is needed. If this is a case that originated in California then it's possible that California continues to have jurisdiction to modify or terminate the orders.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/14/2015
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
Need to petition the probate court where the guardianship was granted.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 9/14/2015
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
When the temporary guardianship expires you should be able to take your son, unless they file for a permanent legal guardianship. You should consult with a probate attorney.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/14/2015
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
You simply have to file to terminate guardianship in the court where the original guardianship was filed.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 9/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: