How can I return a used car? 8 Answers as of September 21, 2015

I bought a used car yesterday and today I noticed oil in the coolant. I believe it has a bad head gasket. I have only driven the car 18 miles and would like my money back

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. The short answer is that it will depend on how the car was sold and who you purchased it from. Was it sold "as is". Was it sold by a private individual or from a car lot. Since we do not have all the facts, it is impossible to give a completely accurate answers. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced consumer rights attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/21/2015
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
You need to find out what your state lemon laws are as to used cars [we do not know what state the car was sold in]. Immediately contact the seller and tell them what you found and what you suspect. How would you notice oil in the coolant unless you thought something might be wrong. You may need to find out what the other substance is as you may be wrong and the car is fine.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/16/2015
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
Do it now! Get a lawyer in case the seller gives you trouble.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/14/2015
Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
Not a personal injury case. What does the contract say? Some state require a provision that allows a three day right of rescission.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 9/14/2015
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
Take it back to the dealer right away and see if they'll give you your money back or another functional car. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 9/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: