How can I retrieve a provisional patent that I've filed with the USPTO? 1 Answers as of September 26, 2017

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
I am not sure what you mean by "retrieve". If you filed the application you should have a copy. The patent office will send a filing receipt in about 4 weeks after the filing date. If you want to make changes then you will need to file another provisional application with the changes. Note: A provisional application is NOT a patent. There is no such thing as a provisional patent, only a provisional application.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/26/2017
Click to View More Answers: