How can I retain custody of my daughter in Georgia if her mother objects? 1 Answers as of January 24, 2011

My daughter wants to live with me now and not her mother. I have tried to get her mother to at least let me come and get her for a week or two, but every time she comes up with some excuse. I pay my child support every week. I do not do drugs but she just does not want my daughter to have anything to do with me. She will let her talk to me on the phone or over the internet. What can I do about this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lori C. Obenauf LLC
Lori C. Obenauf LLC | Lori C. Obenauf
So much depends upon the particular facts of your case. For example, if your daughter was born outside of marriage and you have not legitimized the child and established visitation rights and/or custody, then you need to do so. The age of your daughter is important in determining whether or not the court would consider her desire to come live with you. You should consult with a lawyer regarding the specific facts of your case to determine the best course of action for you to take to gain custody(or at a minimum, visitation) of your daughter. Call my office for a consultation.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 1/24/2011
Click to View More Answers: