How can I request to bring my fiance from another country? 11 Answers as of January 17, 2011

I would like to know how I can request for my fiance from Mexico. Can she enter legally and how long can she stay in the states after entering?

Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
If you are a United States citizen you can file a petition for her to enter with a fiance visa.
There is a fiance visa but this requires you to get married within 90 days after she enters and then file more papers to obtain her permanent residency. You must be a U.S. citizen to petition for a fiance. There may be other nonimmigrant visas that she is eligible for but I would need more details about her background to determine this.

I do charge for consultations $350 per hour but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if you we are retained thereafter.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You will need to petition your fiance for a fiance visa (K-1 Visa). It takes roughly 6 month from Mexico. She will need to go to the US Embassy to pick up the visa. After getting the visa, she will be able to enter the US legally and apply for a green card (permanent resident status) after entering the US. She can stay as long as she wishes in the US after getting her permanent resident status. Please contact my office to begin the application process.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
If you are a U.S. citizen. You may apply for a K1 visa, or fiance(e) visa for your girlfriend.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
You file fianc petition with US Department of Homeland security. Once the petition is approved, the case will be transferred to National Visa Center and then to US consulate in Mexico. Your fianc will go to the consulate for the visa interview. When issued the visa, she can enter the US and get married with you within 90 days of her entry.

After marrying you in the US, she has to file a new application (within 90 days of her entry) to adjust her status from fianc visa to permanent resident.

Please let us know if you want to retain our service for your fiances immigration application.
    File K1 visa and make sure she comes to US through inspection. (Don't cross the border). Be aware, you bear the burden to prove the bona fides of your relationship. Caution is advised. If you need professional assistance, please feel free to contact us.
    In order to bring in your fiancee, you would consular process her application. This is a three step process that normally takes about 7-10 months. After entry, you must marry within 90 days and then she files for her green card. I am happy to consult with you on this case if you are interested.
    A U.S. Citizen can petition their fiance for a K1 visa if they have physically met within the last two years. Currently, it takes about 6 to 9 months for a fiance from Mexico to receive their K1 Visa. Once your fiance enters the US she is permitted to remain for 90 days. During that time you have to get married. If you do not marry, then she would have to return to Mexico. If you get married, then your fiance can apply for adjustment of status to get her Green Card and can remain in the U.S. during that process.
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    You can file a fiancee petition with uscis and then she can apply for the fiancee visa at the US Embassy in Mexico. She will be given 90 days to come in. In those 90 days, you will need to get married and file for her permanent residence.
    Apply in her behalf to USCIS for a K-3 fiance visa. When she enters the country, you will then have 90 days to marry and then her status can be adjusted to permanent residency.
    441 Legal Group, Inc.
    441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
    If you are a US Citizen you petition for her and she can come legally.