How can I request a different Judge? 11 Answers as of November 29, 2012

The judge in my visitation case is close friends with my ex-husbands wife (her former boss) and seems to be causing conflicts with my visitation. How can I request or can I request, and different judge.

Alexander R. Folk, Attorney at Law
Alexander R. Folk, Attorney at Law | Alexander R. Folk
if you want a different judge you must request of the Supreme Court of Ohio how to remove the judge for bias or cause.
See an attorney, it might be possible to have the judge recused.
If what you claim is true and the Judge is a friend of your ex-husbands wife, and everyone has knowledge of this you can ask the Judge to recuse themselves, but you better be sure of this relationship and be able to prove it, because if you are wrong you will now have one pis_ _d off judge to deal with, and if you think you are getting the short end now wait and see what you get after.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
If a judge knows a person that is before them you can have the lawyer ask that the judge recuse themselves from hearing the case.
You can bring the matter to the judge's attention; it will his decision as to whether to recuse himself. If he denies your request for him to recuse himself, and If you think he is wrong, you have the right to an appeal .
    Law Office of Eric S. Lumberg | Eric S. Lumberg
    You can file a motion for the judge to be removed from the case. However your evidence must be significant.
    Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
    File a motion for him to remove himself based on bias, prejudice, or conflict of interest.vv If he refuses.appeal. He should have made a statement about his knowledge of the woman and if anyone objected.
    No, you do not get a different judge. But you would be smart to get a different lawyer.
    Woods, May & Matlock, PC
    Woods, May & Matlock, PC | Robert J. Matlock
    It is almost impossible to move a case from one court to another unless the judge has a policy of allowing that to happen. I suggest you hire a lawyer.
    Anderson, Bressman, and Hoffman, P.C., L.L.O | Ryan M. Hoffman
    You will need to file a Motion to Recuse.
    LAW OFFICE OF ANNE B. HOWARD | Anne B. Howard
    You typically can't change judges once a judge starts on your case. However, if there's a problem with bias, you can file a motion to challenge the judge. You will probably need legal help to do this.