How can I request a different Judge? 11 Answers as of November 29, 2012

The judge in my visitation case is close friends with my ex-husbands wife (her former boss) and seems to be causing conflicts with my visitation. How can I request or can I request, and different judge.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Alexander R. Folk, Attorney at Law
Alexander R. Folk, Attorney at Law | Alexander R. Folk
if you want a different judge you must request of the Supreme Court of Ohio how to remove the judge for bias or cause.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 11/29/2012
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
See an attorney, it might be possible to have the judge recused.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 11/29/2012
John Russo | John Russo
If what you claim is true and the Judge is a friend of your ex-husbands wife, and everyone has knowledge of this you can ask the Judge to recuse themselves, but you better be sure of this relationship and be able to prove it, because if you are wrong you will now have one pis_ _d off judge to deal with, and if you think you are getting the short end now wait and see what you get after.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 11/29/2012
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
If a judge knows a person that is before them you can have the lawyer ask that the judge recuse themselves from hearing the case.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 11/29/2012
John E. Kirchner, Attorney at Law
John E. Kirchner, Attorney at Law | John Kirchner
You can bring the matter to the judge's attention; it will his decision as to whether to recuse himself. If he denies your request for him to recuse himself, and If you think he is wrong, you have the right to an appeal .
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 11/28/2012
    Law Office of Eric S. Lumberg | Eric S. Lumberg
    You can file a motion for the judge to be removed from the case. However your evidence must be significant.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 11/28/2012
    Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
    File a motion for him to remove himself based on bias, prejudice, or conflict of interest.vv If he refuses.appeal. He should have made a statement about his knowledge of the woman and if anyone objected.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 11/28/2012
    The Davies Law Firm, P.A.
    The Davies Law Firm, P.A. | Robert F. Davies, Esq.
    No, you do not get a different judge. But you would be smart to get a different lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: New Jersey
    Replied: 11/28/2012
    Woods, May & Matlock, PC
    Woods, May & Matlock, PC | Robert J. Matlock
    It is almost impossible to move a case from one court to another unless the judge has a policy of allowing that to happen. I suggest you hire a lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 11/28/2012
    Anderson, Bressman, and Hoffman, P.C., L.L.O | Ryan M. Hoffman
    You will need to file a Motion to Recuse.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 11/28/2012
    You typically can't change judges once a judge starts on your case. However, if there's a problem with bias, you can file a motion to challenge the judge. You will probably need legal help to do this.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 11/28/2012
Click to View More Answers: