How can I request a change in our divorce? Posted on May 16, 2011

In my divorce decree it states "The parties agree that the children will remain in the _____ School District unless they otherwise reach a mutual agreement or the court enters an order approving a change." I would like to move closer to my family due to some health issues and the need to have someone available during an emergency. Doing so would move the children approximately 160 miles from their father. I am more than willing to provide transportation 1/2 way for visitations and to allow their father to have extra time with them when they aren't in school. How do I go about requesting a change and is this something that is usually allowed?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: