How can I renew my dad's dual citizenship, if he's been out of the country for 14 years? 3 Answers as of March 23, 2011

My dad had dual citizenship here in the US and Trinidad and Tobago for over 20 years. He left the US to care for his mother in Trinidad and has been there for the last 14 years, not renewing his US citizenship. He just suffered a stroke and is currently in the hospital. He will need people to care for him when him leaves the hospital and going forward. How can I go about getting him back in the US so that I can take care of him? I don't know where to start.

You don't need to renew his citizenship. You need to find his citizenship certificate and get him a new passport. Good luck!
If he is a US citizen, he just needs to reapply for a US passport. Have him contact the US consulate to find out how he can apply for a new passport! He can then reenter at his leisure!
You do not need to renew U.S. Citizen. Once granted, a person remains a US Citizen unless they formally renounce their citizen. Your father will likely have to go to the US consulate or embassy where he is living to apply for and obtain a new U.S. passport so that he can travel to the U.S.