How can I remove my new wife from foreclosure complaint? 1 Answers as of August 08, 2011

1.Mortgage thru GMAC Mortgage for home in Ohio 2.Divorced in 2008. 3.Ex wife Quit claim deed of house to me. 4.Remarried to woman from Uruguay in 2009 which is currently a legal permanent resident. 5.Lost job in Ohio April 2010. 6.unable to maintain mortgage payments after January 2011. 7.Sent certified letter to GMAC that I was relocating out of state for employment reasons and moved to Fremont Ca. April 2011. 8.Contacted Gmac to Start a Deed in Lieu and was informed someone from the liquidations dept will contact me. No one contacted me 9.Received foreclosure papers from Stark county Ohio for foreclosure proceedings but they also sent my new wife a foreclosure complaint and she was never involved with the mortgage. Question is...How can I have her removed from the complaint so her credit is not tarnished along with mine? Thank You so much for the time to read this question and hopefully you can respond.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ross Smith, Attorney at Law
Ross Smith, Attorney at Law | Charles Ross Smith III
Your new wife's credit should be OK. Assuming that the foreclosing bank pled the foreclousre correctly, your new wife was only named for sole the purpose of foreclosing her "dower" interest. She is NOT being sued for a money judgment. This is normal and proper in Ohio. Check the tail end of the complaint where the Plaintiff is demanding various kinds of relief. See if I am correct. Read carefully. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 8/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: