How can I remove my ex husband from my passport information? 6 Answers as of August 02, 2011

In my passport,my FIRST husband is printed and now I got divorced and remarried in USA. I do have proper termination certificate and also remarriage certificate. I am applying for GC now but my FIRST husband name is still NOT removed in the passport. Should I need to get a new passport by removing his name before applying?

Kuck Immigration Partners LLC
Kuck Immigration Partners LLC | Charles Kuck
There is no need to get your first husband's name removed from your passport.
You must check with the passport agency of the country that issued the passport.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
In the immigration forms simply put the last name u want When u get residency then change ur passport
Law Office of Nora Rilo
Law Office of Nora Rilo | Nora Rilo
You have two options, get a new passport before applying for your green card and therefore all your documents are alike or when you file for your green card ask for your new name to be placed on your GC. However, make sure to change your name on your passport, so you won't have any problems when you travel.
Such information in your passport should not affect your case if you are properly divorced.