How can I remove the domestic assault off my record so I can join the army? 14 Answers as of January 14, 2013

I want to serve in the military but I have a domestic assault against my brother and the state picked it up and charged me even though my brother dropped all charges, so what I need to know is if I can get this off my record so I can join. This happened about 3 years ago.

In Michigan the waiting period is 5 years but maybe if you got a lawyer and that person talked to the prosecutor something could be worked out.
You may be stuck with the conviction. Depending on the court it could be possible for the court to reassess the case and to see if youthful offender status should have been applied or if following conviction a court may consider amending the conviction to a simple assault.
You would have to seek a pardon to get the charge removed from your record.
LAW OFFICE | JAMES A. GIZICKI
Go to the court where you were charged and check your file. If it sttes charges were disissed get a copy of the document and show it to your recruiter. Otherwise you will have to sile for an expungement or motion to correct the file.
If it is a Washington conviction, you can have it vacated and dismissed in two years.
    Law Offices of Sharp and Driver | Matt Sharp
    No. In Texas you can never have a family violence case taken off of your record.
    Hire a lawyer to do an expungement.
    Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
    Retain an attorney, have letter from service stating you will be enlisted once clean record.
    Hammerschmidt Broughton Law
    Hammerschmidt Broughton Law | Mark A. Broughton
    You need to get what was once referred to as an "expungement." This no longer exists in the legal sense, but you can make what is called now a "1203.4 motion" if you are eligible. In many jurisdiction the probation department will assist you in doing this, or you can contact a criminal defense attorney who can make the motion as well.
    Rizio & Nelson
    Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
    You can apply for an expungement under PC 1203.4 if you successfully completed probation without ever violating. You should talk to your military recruiter about whether or not that would help.
    Law Offices of Hal Wright
    Law Offices of Hal Wright | Hal Wright
    You need to file a motion to expunge your record of this conviction.
    The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
    The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
    In the state of Florida the only way to have your record sealed or expunged is if the Court withheld adjudicating you guilty of a crime. If you were not adjudicated guilty of the domestic assault and you have not committed any other crimes then you should be able to have it removed. I would charge a fee of $750 and you would have to pay for a background check to be done and filed with the clerk of the court. If your case is in the Tampa Bay area and you would like further assistance with this matter please contact me at the email address or phone number attached to this response.
    Edward D. Flint  PLLC
    Edward D. Flint PLLC | Edward D. Flint
    If you were convicted or pleaded guilty or no contest to a domestic violence charge, you will have to wait 5 years to get an expungement. Talk to your military recruiter to find out just what requirements they have so you will know how to clean up your record.