How can I remove a bankruptcy from my credit report? 19 Answers as of September 30, 2013

I filed for bankruptcy and was in it for three months. I could no longer pay so I stopped. I need to get it out of my credit report.

Law Office of Thomas C. Phipps | Thomas C Phipps
You can't remove it. The report should show that the case was dismissed.
Colorado Legal Solutions
Colorado Legal Solutions | Stephen Harkess
You cannot have it removed. You actually filed, so the information is accurate.
Goldsmith & Guymon | Marjorie Guymon
You cannot remove the notation from your credit report. It will remain on there as any bad debt notation and it will automatically fall off after 10 years.
Law Office of Susan G. Taylor
Law Office of Susan G. Taylor | Susan G. Taylor
It will always be on Pacer, the government's electronic filing system. But a credit repair agency might help you remove it from your credit report. Typically, a chapter 13 is on the report 7 years & a chapter 7 for 10 years.
Idaho Bankruptcy Law | Paul Ross
A bankruptcy, whether successful or not, will report on your credit from 7 to 10 years. It depends on the chapter you filed as well.
    What you ask cannot be done. Sorry.
    That cannot legally be done.
    Law offices of John P. Brooke | John Brooke
    Generally, like any other bad mark on your credit report, bankruptcy will be listed for seven to ten years. A chapter 7 bankruptcy stays on your credit report for ten years and a chapter 13 stays on the credit report for seven years after the case is closed. There is really nothing you can do to remove it earlier even if you filed a chapter 13 and it was dismissed after only several months.
    Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
    You can't. The credit report includes historical information, sand in the public records portion of the report that historical information includes court cases of a collection or financial nature in which you have been a party.
    Sanford M. Martin, P.A. | Sanford M. Martin
    Contact the credit agency to report the latest. There are three major agencies which just report what they receive. You can add a comment to your report which explains the situation.
    Law Office of J. Thomas Black, P.C.
    Law Office of J. Thomas Black, P.C. | J. Thomas Black
    There is no legal way to have an accurate public record like a bankruptcy removed from your credit report. There are illegal ways, that could get you in very serious trouble. Sorry, but your actions have consequences.