How can I regain child custody of my son from his father in Texas? 2 Answers as of January 25, 2011

Out of frustration and fear, I told the father of my child to come and get him. Because I couldn't take the mental and verbal abuse from his dad anymore. My son is only 3 years old and has seen his dad a handful of times in the 3 years of his life. 2 days later I regretted my decision, to let a man intimidate me so much that I would give up my only child. I told him 3 times that I wanted my child back. I also went over to his home to go get my child but he refused to give him back. I don't know what to do and need help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
If you have custody orders already, then enforce them, call the sheriff with a copy of the papers in hand, go to his house, meet the deputy and get your son.

If you do not have custody/court papers yet, you have only one choice . . . hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit for custody.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: