How can I rectify untimely medical billing of provider and denied insurance claims? Posted on February 24, 2011

My daughter was seeing this Provider since birth up to 2010. Every visit, I always remind front desk if they send claims already. The first 2-3 visits they asked me to pay for the copay then the rest they said they will bill me later. Then on Dec 2010 I received bills fr 2008-2010 of $5,303.64 so I called their billing dept & sent them a Letter of Dispute. According to my Insurance, Provider failed to file on time and they only received claims on Oct 2010 and of course they declined for 2008-Sep 2009. I spoke with the billing dept on 1st week of January and according to her it was well taking care of & she even assures me that they filed an appeal already. Then on 1st week of Feb, Provider mailed me anew bill of $705.73.I called them this week to pay for it but they said I'm not covered and need to pay $5303.64