How can I receive compensation for medical costs after falling at a bar? 4 Answers as of March 03, 2011

I fell in a bar while dancing (2/6/11) and a visit to the emergency room & then surgery (2/11/11) was required. I am presently unemployed and applied for Medi-Cal. But I can't look for work on crutches and may need personal, as well as medical costs covered. I have contacted the bar to find out who their insurance company is, but have received no response.

The question would be why did you fall while dancing. The mere fact that you were in a bar , dance , fell, became injured and incurred medical treatment does not necessarily make the bar liable.
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law | Diana K. Zilko
Potentially. For a premise liability or negligence case to succeed, you need not just injuries, but also fault on the part of the property owner. How did you fall? If the property owner is somehow at-fault for you falling, then you have a shot at making a monetary recovery. If you have any further questions, please let me know.
Law Offices of Geoffrey Nwosu
Law Offices of Geoffrey Nwosu | Geoffrey Nwosu
The best thing for to do will be to consult and retain a personal injury lawyer to help you navigate through the legal process. It is possible that the Bar owner is negligence. The personal injury attorney will be able to review your case and advise you properly on what action to take or how to proceed. Please do not sign anything untill you consult with an attorney experienced with this kind of injury.