How can I read my mothers original will? 1 Answers as of August 05, 2011

My Mother Passed away recently. Pretty safe to assume that my Father was named as trustee of the Estate. At which time everything is his to do with as he pleases… and rite fully so. So, My Father drew up his own (exclusive) will soon after. Based on the brief excerpt he chose to show me, it is structured in such a way that does not bare any resemblance to what was explained to me by my Mom during her life. Specifically, She promised me the house we had been renovating for many years. I understand that "things change" and "life isn't always fair." I am OK with that. Besides, I do not believe I have any rite to ever bring it up again. What I would like though is to see what would have been her Will the day she died? My Sister has read it, but neither me or my Brother are being allowed to read it. Again my aim is not to exploit my Mothers Memory. Its just that she couldn't speak during her 29 day fight for her life which is really hard. She could blink, respond, nod, but thats all. To be able to read what her wishes where would bring me great piece and provide a certain level of closure to this tragedy.

Law Offices of Brian Chew
Law Offices of Brian Chew | Brian Chew
If the executor is not willing to show it to you, you would have to go to probate court to compel him to do so.