How can I qualify for a green card in the US? 5 Answers as of July 26, 2011

I'm in USA for 2 years. Arrived with L1-B visa and will expire in winter 2011. I-94 card is valid till end of 2013. Can I apply for DVlottery visa and if I win, should I go for adjustment of status or come back to home. Which one is usually quicker?

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
If you win the lottery and are eligible you certainly can gain residency that way. Otherwise contact an attorney to see if you are eligible for a green card through a labor certification. I would do it as soon as possible because it is a lengthy process.
If you win the DV lottery and are able to file for a green card, you can file here or abroad, as long as you are in lawful status in the US and maintaining that status. Processing times are variant, depending upon where you live in the US and what consulate you would use abroad.
If you are in valid status and win the DV, you may adjust within US.
If you are from a country allowed under the DV lottery, you can certainly file. It is a lottery, so please don't plan on being selected. You should discuss with your employer about them filing for your labor certification green card.
You should change your status to L-1A (gives you an additional 2 years more than L-1b); then apply for your green card as no labor certification requirement under L-1A.