How can I prove we have a real marriage for immigration purposes? 2 Answers as of February 03, 2011

I have been on F-1 status since I came to the US with (B2) visitor visa and I had changed the status to F-1. Recently I got married to a US citizen in the US and filed the I-130 and I-485. Meanwhile I was taking off school but I have not finished the program yet because I tried to transfer to the other school and move to the other state because my husband has a new job over there. On other hand, he has an ex-wife in China had filed I-130 but not approved after a few years he got divorced on August 2010. In my case, what will the effect be regarding my interview and the processing time? We just recently moved to another state, should I need fill out the AR-11 or I can use the old address( his family's house)? How can I prove we have a real marriage?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
This is not a simple question. Answers vary from couples to couples. You need to hire an attorney to represent you to collect the right documents from you and to prepare a great brief for you. Lacking of the right documents and presentation does result in denial. So you know. Hire an attorney. You can save more money and time in your pursue of American dream. You are welcome to contact us at 954 892 5517. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/3/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Lot of questions here. With regard to proving a real marriage there are lots of ways - child's birth certificate, lease/ mortgage, bills together, assets together, joint health or car insurance, car titles, bank accounts together, credit cards together, loans together, pictures together besides at the wedding, joint tax return, receipts for travel together or to visit one another. Make sure your husband has withdrawn the I-130 he filed for first spouse. You are required to file the AR-11 and make sure you fill out part 2 so your case will be transferred to the District office in the state where you live. If you want assistance with the process you may call me to set up a consultation to properly advise you on these issues.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: