How can I prove that my new address is in accordance with Florida sex offender laws? Posted on February 04, 2011

My husband is a sex offender and is due for release in 90 days. He has given his home address to the classification officer who told him today it violated the 1000ft rule. I have measured the entire walking distance as well as the "as the crow flies" distance and found them to be approx 2100-2200 of 1300 ft respectively. I find it hard to believe they would measure straight line as if you were going through peoples backyards. I will speak to her on Monday but am sure I will need to prove the actual distances fall within allowable limits. Who do I go to for proof of the actual distance to legally allow my husband to come home? We own the home and he will not be released unless he has an acceptable address.