How can I prove my legal entry into the US? 2 Answers as of March 28, 2011

I entered US in 97 legally. Passport and i94 got stolen. Replaced passport in 98. My question is how do I prove my legal entry. I filed for my FOIA report and filing for Family Based Green Card via marriage. I have heared from a lot people that filed for I-102 and never got a copy of their I-94. Will FOIA records be good enough for USICS. Some people have been denied AOS just by using FOIA. What else can I use? Airline cannot give me travel records because it's been too long.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Once in a while, I get a case like yours. I usually filed FOIA request with CBP, US Visit and USCIS (National Record Center). I also do FOIA with the Department of State (There is an address to get copy of the visa, but not the I-94). IT is somewhat slow and sometimes you can wait about 6 months before getting some answer. I don't really think your entry is that old.I was able to retrieve records of entry that are much older than yours. Once I get the results from all my FOIAs, then I file I-102. It really helps to have the exact date and place of entry. If any family members entered with you, their I-94 might have a number in sequence. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/28/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
The best two ways are via a FOIA with DHS or the I-102. Normally DHS will respond to the latter with a new I-94 card but only if you give them the right date of entry or at least the correct month. Otherwise you can use old boarding passes/luggage tags. Worst case, you may try doing a sworn declaration and then including one if someone picked you up at the airport. The difficulty there is going to be getting past the Chicago lockbox but it can be done. Of course, DHS has record of your entry which is the frustrating part of all of this! Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: