How can I protect my website ideas? 3 Answers as of June 02, 2011

I went to the website and requested a quote from a web designer. I went into detail by showing him some of the concepts and (Microsoft Paint) Drawings of what I want the website to look like. I have the name and contact info of the web designer, as well as the e-mails and all the attachments I have sent him. I also own the domain name. What I am worried about is the fact that he could steal my concept and idea and turn it in as one of his own. What precautions should I take? How should I handle this to protect my idea from him taking it?

Intellectual Property Center, LLC
Intellectual Property Center, LLC | Ak Shaf
Depending on the location of the web designer and your location, you may want to have his sign a confidentiality agreement related to the website and its design. In addition, you may want to secure rights in any work created by the designer with a copyright assignment agreement. Many local attorneys can help assist you in this manner. i would suggest contacting a local bar association for guidance about who practices in your local area and can handle these issues. Good Luck.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Too late now. Ideas are not protected by Ip law. In the future you should make the web designer enter into a written confidentiality agreement before sharing you concepts. This is why you should always work with IP counsel.
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
File a copyright on line for your art and web design.