How can I protect my daughter? 4 Answers as of July 18, 2011

I have primary custody of my 5 year old daughter, and she lives with me 10 months out of the year. My ex-wife has her during the summer and lives 2 hours away. My exwife has been dating a guy on and off for a year and whom she just moved in with again. I found out that she left him because he hit her, and they fight all the time. She is currently at her sister's but wants to go back to him. I do not want my little girl to be put back into that situation. This weekend is my weekend to have her. I am thinking about keeping her, even though it is her time. Is there something proactive I can do to protect her from that situation. Even if she stays with her sister, this will be the third time she would have moved in a year. Dragging my daughter all around the state.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
if you violate a court order you may be in contempt of court. if you have hard evidence this time may have a detrimental affect you must take her to court, and if its real and abusive you can get in quick.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/18/2011
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
You cannot just unilaterally change the court ordered timesharing or you will be in contempt of court. If you are seriously concerned for the safety and welfare of your daughter (and this means that it is a potential life threatening, physically harmful and dangerous situation), then you can file an emergency motion for a protective order preventing the child from being in the same household as the physically abusive boyfriend. The situation has to be real and imminent, not just something that could potentially happen in the future. You should consult with an attorney prior to taking any action in order to best protect you and your child's interests. Hope that helps!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/18/2011
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
You should talk with a Florida Divorce lawyer to see if anything can be done. What proof do you have or what is your knowledge of the injury and violence based upon. You wife may not be a good witness if her rights are at risk and she is willing to go back.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/16/2011
Click to View More Answers: