How can I protect an official idea from others? 3 Answers as of June 02, 2015

How I protect my ideas from people and send the official links granted by the government and valid all over the world? I have one idea about a future car. At this point, it is just an idea.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
Describe your idea in writing - and you can protect it by copyright registration and/or by filing a patent application. These are US protections only. Each country has its own rules for protection of ideas - so if you are on the Internet - everyone will see your idea. GOOD LUCK!
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 6/2/2015
Sebby Law Office
Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
You keep your idea secret by not sharing it with anyone else. If you have to hire someone to develop a concept or manufacture a part for you, make sure they sign a nondisclosure agreement and an agreement that anything they develop belongs to you before you give them the job. You won't be able to apply for a patent until you can prove that the car you envision actually works as designed.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 6/1/2015
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
Based upon the description of your "idea" you not be able to at the present time. In the movie and TV series there is transporter that transports people. It is a great idea, but is presently unpalatable because it has not been described in sufficient detail so "one skilled in the art" could make the invention from the description of the present state of the art. For world patents you would need to file a PCT (Patent cooperative Treaty) application and then file the application in each country. Most people just file in the US or in some specific countries because the cost to file an maintain the patent "all over the world" is very expensive. Once you can describe the inventions so someone can make and duplicate the invention you should file a Provisional application that gives you one-year to improve the application before you file the PCT application.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/1/2015
Click to View More Answers: