How can I prevent online cyberbullying? 3 Answers as of November 09, 2010

Someone is destroying my reputation online and I am a teacher. I am devastated and need help.

You need to contact the police or the FBI. This is a crime and needs to be reported.
Wise Law Group
Wise Law Group | Michael J. Wise, Esq
Yes. Your first step would be to pursue a temporary restraining order. Thereafter, you would be entitled to a hearing wherein the Judge would decide whether to enjoin the bully.
You are going to need more than help. You are going to need time and money and luck to have any chance at solving your problem. If you know who is doing this, you could sue for slander or invasion of privacy or related causes of action. You would seek money damages, and a restraining order. If the person has any income or assets, you might someday actually collect something. Or you could seek a settlement quickly. However, no matter the outcome of the lawsuit, the info is on the web and can spread virally outside the control of the current parties.

If serious about doing this, feel free to contact me to discuss the hard realities in this case.