How can I prevent my husband from deportation? 4 Answers as of August 01, 2011

My husband is a mexican citizan and has been in america for 20+ years. We have 2 kids together and he has 2 children from a previous marriage. We are now married and have been for 2 years now. He has been deported once before and has been told that he can write a forgivness letter and try again for his citizenship. I am not sure how to go about doing this.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
If he re-entered after a prior deportation, he must stay outside US for at least 10 years and then apply for a deportation waiver.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/1/2011
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
I'm not sure what you mean by a forgiveness letter. If he was deported and entered again illegally there is no way to legalize without leaving the country. Speak with a lawyer. There is no way you can do this on your own.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 7/28/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
The deportations make the case very problematic. Depending on the underlying grounds for the deportations, subsequent immigration violations, you can file for him and apply for a waiver, but will need to show an extreme and unusual hardship to a qualifying US relative. Consult with an immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/25/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Assuming he is deported and he came back illegally, he is facing very severe consequences. The solution is not as simple as writing a forgiveness request letter. You should contact a lawyer for a face-to-face consultation.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: