How can I prevent my husband from being deported? 2 Answers as of March 13, 2011

My husband is in jail for impersonating another person. He has an immigration hold. We are not married and we have two children together. How can I save him before they deport him? He has not signed no papers.

Hire a lawyer immediately a crime of moral terpitude is grounds for deportation.
If your husband is not a Green Card holder, then he either has to be eligible for adjustment of status or cancellation of removal. For the first, if you are a U.S. Citizen you have to petition him, and then if eligible he can file for adjustment of status. For the second, he must have been in the US for at least 10 years, have good moral character during that time, and prove that his deportation will cause exceptional unusual hardship to a US Citizen or Green Card holder spouse, child or parent. However, your husband could be ineligible depending on what happens to the current criminal charge.