How can I prevent my boyfriend from being deported? 3 Answers as of July 25, 2011

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 4 years and we have 2 kids together. He is incarcerated being charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, but the person he assaulted is not pressing charges. He is currently married to a us citizen, but they've been separated for over 4 years. I'm also a us citizen. Is there anything I can do to keep him from being deported?

He needs to contact and hire a very good, competent immigration attorney now, who specializes in criminal and removal aspects of immigration law. This person will be able to determine if he has any relief available.
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
If he can, your boyfriend needs to fight the aggravated assault charge if he wants to be able to remain in this country. If he succeeds, he still has the issue of his current marriage his current immigration status. He needs to speak with an experienced attorney in immigration and criminal law, and probably a family law attorney with regard to his current marriage
I will need to see his criminal court minutes.