How can I prevent my boyfriend from being deported? 3 Answers as of July 25, 2011

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 4 years and we have 2 kids together. He is incarcerated being charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, but the person he assaulted is not pressing charges. He is currently married to a us citizen, but they've been separated for over 4 years. I'm also a us citizen. Is there anything I can do to keep him from being deported?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
He needs to contact and hire a very good, competent immigration attorney now, who specializes in criminal and removal aspects of immigration law. This person will be able to determine if he has any relief available.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/25/2011
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
If he can, your boyfriend needs to fight the aggravated assault charge if he wants to be able to remain in this country. If he succeeds, he still has the issue of his current marriage his current immigration status. He needs to speak with an experienced attorney in immigration and criminal law, and probably a family law attorney with regard to his current marriage
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/24/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
I will need to see his criminal court minutes.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/23/2011
Click to View More Answers: