How can I press charges against my husband for being abusive to me? 9 Answers as of March 08, 2013

I had surgery on my leg and hip. I had a plate -screws-hip replacement on January 17, 2013 and was released from the hospital on January 19, 2013. My car broke down on my way home from the hospital. My husband beat my leg where I had surgery on so bad that I had to have surgery again. He was very abusive to me since our relationship. I have been bed ridden since January 17, 2013. I can’t do anything for myself at all. He has left the state, and went to his mother’s. He is on parole and I think he violated his parole. He stole my medicine, took other stuff of mine and left my car on side of road.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
I think that you should call the police and have them get an arrest warrant. When he is located the judge will give you an order of protection.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 3/8/2013
The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
File a police report. Hopefully you told the docs about the abuse re the second surgery.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2013
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
The first thing you do is file a police report. The second thing is to find a good divorce attorney.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2013
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
You need to see an attorney. Some of the things which you have related potentially cause a civil liability, others are criminal.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/5/2013
Natty Shafer Law
Natty Shafer Law | Nathaniel Shafer
Call the police. They can put you in touch with victim's advocates who can help you relocate, if necessary, and protect you from him should he return.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 3/4/2013
Click to View More Answers: