How can I obtain residential custody of my child in Kentucky? Posted on January 19, 2011

I need to get residential custody of my 3 year old daughter. She has always lived with me. My husband in our latest argument has sent text messages claiming he is not her father. His visitation has been shaky at best. I recently told him that I wanted to move. He hit the roof and said I couldn't do that, also he threatened to kidnap her. My question is, I cannot afford a divorce right now. How can I get residential custody, or some type of custody saying she lives with me? Are his text messages denying parentage allowed into custody court? Is it legal for me to move to another county, that is only 10-15 miles away?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: