How can I obtain a green card if my wife was selected for DV lottery? 3 Answers as of August 01, 2011

In May 2004 I arrived in the US on J1 visa, then I changed my status to B2 until May 2005. In 2006 I met my fiance and we got married in July 2006. I've applied for adjustment of status in March 2007, couple of months later we got separated. I received invitation for the immigration interview in August but I didn't show up. I left in October without to get divorced and without to get any other papers. In 2008 I got married in Bulgaria. My wife was now selected for DV lottery 2012. We are already 3 years married and we have 2yr old boy. Is there any chance to obtain the green card?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
In order for you to be considered legally married, you had to be legitimately divorced from your prior spouse. Without a proper divorce the marriage will not be recognized.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/1/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
If I understand you well, you did not get divorce and got married again? if that is the case, your marriage to your current wife may not be valid. Please give us more information so we can help you.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/30/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
Yes, you apply as a dependent on her DV lottery petition. It is unclear from your posting if you completed the divorce from your first wife. You will need to be lawfully married to your second wife to be a dependent.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: