How can I obtain a green card for my boyfriend? 4 Answers as of June 07, 2011

My boyfriend has been here for over thirteen years and has a driver license and social security number and I was wondering how I can get him his green card or papers?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
If he came here with a visa of some kind then, you can get married if that is what you want to do and then immediately file for his adjustment of status. I would recommend letting a lawyer do this as she will be able to look at his past, criminal and otherwise in order to prepare for what may lie ahead. If he has no visa, then be prepared for him to spend some time in his country of origin because you will need to file a visa petition for him in order to start the process. File form I-130 for him. You should be able to see what kind of documents you will need to file along with it on the form itself. When that form is approved, then USCIS will send it to the National Visa Center and they will hold it until the visa priority date (date USCIS received it) comes up and processing will begin. This process will take years depending on which country they are from. In that time, you can check online to see where they are on the waiting list. Their category will be F2A. No one knows how long this will take. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/7/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
I will need to know a lot more about you and your boy friend to properly advise you and him. Are you getting married? Are you a U.S. citizen? Did he come to the U.S. with or without documentation? Has he returned? Does he have a criminal record? Is he currently in a legal status? What country is he from? Has he left the U.s. since being out of status (if currently out of status)? What is his academic and employment history? Are there other options for a sponsor if you are not ready to be married? We would be happy to assess your case, advise more specifics on the procedures, timing and fees if you want to set up a consultation (in person or by phone) with me as indicated below. We do charge for consultation but the consultation fee is then credited 100% toward the fees for his case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/7/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
It depends on his current immigration status, his manner of entry and if you get married. Please review this information and call me to discuss the details of the case. Thank you.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/6/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
If you are a USC and you marry, then you may be able to sponsor him for a green card. That depends upon factors like how he entered the US, criminal history, exists/entries, fraud, etc. Make an appointment with a competent immigration attorney to fully analyze his case!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: