How can I obtain full custody of my child while still being married? 7 Answers as of April 05, 2012

How do I obtain full custody of my child while being married to the father. The husband moves out and his baby mother threathens to do bottlely harm to our child. The father has anger problems and like to beat on me in front of our son. He also threathen to punch my child in the face when he was changing him saying,"if you pea on me I will punch you in the face".

Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
I urge you to get a restraining order if he has been violent with you in front of the child.
Dorothy Spinelli, PC | Dorothy Spinelli
File a petition for custody with the court where the father lives. Best of luck.
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
You might want to get a temporary protective order from the Clerk of Superior Court for the county where you live. The judge who signs it can also give you temporary custody of the child, as well as the residence and your car. Plus, they don't charge for this.
Steven Harrell, Attorney at Law | Waymon Steven Harrell
You need to file suit for divorce, and have your attorney schedule a temporary hearing for the purpose of awarding custody of the child to you.
SHAPIRO LAW GROUP | ERIC L. SHAPIRO
Why would you want to stay married? I would go to the nearest Courthouse and swear out an affidavit under the Georiga Family Violence Act and then file for divorce.
    Law Office Of Jody A. Miller
    Law Office Of Jody A. Miller | Jody A. Miller
    If you don't want to file for divorce, you can file for a family violence protective order (you can obtain short-term custody through a TPO). If you want permanent custody, you need to file for divorce.