How can I obtain a ADR for child custody? 2 Answers as of March 03, 2017

The father of my 9 year old daughter doesn't want to go through the court system and prefers to go an alternate route. I have read about ADRs and would like to know if it’s possible for us. What other options are there to settle child custody and visitation outside of the court?

Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
You can hire any mediator. You can use an ADR company that has many choices of mediators, or a private mediator who has an individual firm. You may also be able to find psychologists or MFTs who do custody evaluations that can provide mediation services. There is a directory on the court's website. Lastly, an experienced family law attorney can also help mediate.
It's commendable that you are trying to find alternative methods to resolve developing a parenting plan for your child. There are a number of options available to you. The best would be to go to a coparenting counselor or mediator to help you with the parenting plan. When you have designed what you like, it Is important that you turn this arrangement into a court order so it is enforceable.