How can I marry my fiancé if I do not have a passport? 5 Answers as of January 24, 2011

If my fiance is a citizen and I am an immigrant how can I get married without a passport?

I would suggest you contact your Embassy in the U.S. to apply for a passport as you will need this for the permanent residency process later. I am not sure where you are located; but you can contact the Clerk in the county where you wish to get married to determine what type of identification is required to be married and perhaps you have another acceptable document such as the Matricula Consular from Mexico.

We would be happy to consult with you on your case. We do charge for consultations but the consultation fee would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained thereafter. Contact me as indicated below to arrange a consultation and get further information on procedures and fees.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You may use a copy of your birth certificate to get the marriage license.
You don't need a passport to get married.
Each state has different requirements regarding what documents you need to provide to get married. In California, having a passport is not a requirement. However, if you need to get a passport, they you have to contact your home country's consulate here in the U.S. to obtain one.
If you have a US birth certificate, you can use that. Otherwise you should apply for a passport.