How can I make my husband legal in the US? 2 Answers as of May 31, 2011

I have a question is there any way that you could give me any advise about how possible is it for me to be able to help my husband be legal in the us . We have two children I am a Us Citizen we just got married. In 2005 he got caught trying to cross the boarder. I would like to have a advise about what could and what should I do I live in California and I am a college student I do not have a job nor income would it affect me?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
The way to do it would be to file an I-130 petition for him and have him go to his country to get his visa. Because he was caught and removed from the US and he made it back again, will earn him a solid 10-year bar 5 years for the removal and another 5 for re-entering. He should have a good I-212 waiver ready to be filed when prompted by the consular officer to do so. Just make sure that he is a person of good moral character with no major criminal offense in his background, among other things. He may have to stay there for a little time (3 to 15 months in my estimation) while his waiver is being decided. The fact that you do not have a job will not hurt you if you can get a joint-sponsor who will guarantee that your husband is not going to become a public charge in the US. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/31/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Illegal entering has no fix. Citizenship does not give you any privilege.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: