How can I make my dad pay back child support after he abandoned my family? 1 Answers as of April 14, 2011

If I find my father, who abandoned my mother and I when I was 3 months old, can I sue him for back child support? We do not know where he is currently residing, but I am investigating his whereabouts.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Glenn E. Tanner
Glenn E. Tanner | Glenn E. Tanner
You don't indicate whether your father and mother were married and that makes a huge difference in what your mother might claim. An action by you,would be creative. I would consult with a family law attorney in your area and ask them to consider what your mother can do and whether you might possibly have a civil action in addition or in place of your mother.This would be unusual so talk to several attorneys. Many attorneys give free initial consultations. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: