How can I look at my youth offender case if it was revoked? 2 Answers as of October 28, 2011

My Y.O. case for rec. stolen property back in '88 was revoked in '91 for not reporting to PO. I did a year plus good time in Al. Prison in Montgomery (Kilby-Franklin Y.Ctr-Atmore Work Release) I was released E.O.S (end of sentence). I recently applied for my pistol permit and was told that they (Sheriffs office) had no record of my disposition of that case, they sent me to the Court Clerk who said that they had no record for my there. She also informed me that I would need to hire an attorney to get this information about the disposition of that case. Can't I go to the ADOC and get this information? or to the Youth center? Somebody has these records, but who? Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Richard Williams
Law Office of Richard Williams | Richard Williams
The youthful offender statue provides that all juvenile records are sealed. Only a court order can releae the records. As this offense was 15 years ago it may be possible that the records have been purged.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 10/11/2011
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
You should be able to go to the youth center and buy copies from the clerk. If for some reason you are unsuccessful, and if you are in this area, call my office. Stay well.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 10/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: