How can I legally make my boyfriend move out? 5 Answers as of February 19, 2014

My boyfriend moved in with me a year ago. The relationship has gone bad. I have asked him to move out last November he said give him a few months. It’s almost March and he still has not moved out.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
Evict him. Serve him with a Petition and Notice of Petition etc.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 2/19/2014
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
You will need to serve him with a 30-day Notice to Quit (leave the residence) and at the end of the 30 day period, if he does not leave you will need to file and serve him with an unlawful detainer (eviction) action and get a court order evicting him from the premises.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/19/2014
The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C.
The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C. | Douglas L. Bryan
If his name isn't on the lease, all you have to do is file for eviction in your city court or Justice of the Peace court. If he is on the lease, you need to talk to your landlord about having him evicted.
Answer Applies to: Louisiana
Replied: 2/19/2014
Patrick W. Currin, Attorney at Law | Patrick Currin
Yes. If you had a rental agreement, give him a Notice of Termination of tenancy. If he is "at will" simply tell him he is no longer welcome and have the police remove him as necessary.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/19/2014
Click to View More Answers: