How can I legally get my soon to be ex wife to have her granddaughter move back with her mother while the divorce pends? 3 Answers as of December 21, 2010

I have been married for 3 years and when my wife found out her residency was denied she moved out of our room into another and put a lock on it! I entered this marriage with love and now realize she married me to get her green card. Her granddaughter has lived with us for almost a year and her mother refuses to take her while our divorce is finalized. I feel that my wife tries to provoke me, although I would never be violent, to fight and argue. She has called the police 3 times in the past 30 days! Though it did her no good because I never allow her to get the best of me, I still feel powerless in my own home. She has worked and recieved checks with her ITIN # used to claim her on our income taxes knowing it was not given to her for that purpose.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Joseph A. Katz
Law Office of Joseph A. Katz | Joseph A. Katz
You do not provide enough information to answer your question accurately. Please telephone and consult with an experienced Family Law attorney in the County in which you would file the action.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/21/2010
Law Office of Curry & Westgate
Law Office of Curry & Westgate | Patrick Curry
File for divorce and when it is final she will be deported.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/21/2010
Law Office of L. Paul Zahn
Law Office of L. Paul Zahn | Paul Zahn
If your wife is harassing you with false police charges, you may be able to get a residence exclusion order to have your wife leave the home. If she has sufficient means to get another residence elsewhere, then you have solid grounds to move forward with that request. If her granddaughter does not leave once she goes, then you can ask her to leave and have the police escort her off the premises. I can help with this process. Please feel free to contact me for a free consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/20/2010
Click to View More Answers: