How can I legally allow my husband to adopt my daughter? Posted on July 28, 2011

My husband of almost 2 years wants to adopt my 8 year old daughter. Her biological father has agreed to allow this to happen. My question mostly resides in where will I have to do all this. We currently live in Fort Lee, VA but the child support is all set up in Medina, OH since that is where we resided before the USMC stationed us here. Do I go to court here in VA or travel to OH? Will the biological father have to be present as well or can this all be done with papers? And does my daughter have to be involved? She doesnt know about her biological father, and I plan to keep it that way until she can understand what is really going on. Any info can help, thank you!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: