How can I legalize my husband? 5 Answers as of May 10, 2011

I am a US citizen my husband is not. He came here legally but how soon can I get him legalized here in the US?

You can petition for him immediately, with a Petition for Alien Relative. Once that is approved he can apply for Adjustment of Status. With the help of an attorney, the process can be completed with 6-9 months, sometimes a year (which is the goal set for processing a typical petition/application for legal permanent residency based upon marriage to a U.S. citizen). If you would like assistance, please feel free to call or e-mail, to set up an appointment for an in-person or phone consultation.
You can petition him and he can file for adjustment of status (apply for his Green Card) immediately. The process takes 5-12 months depending on where in the U.S you live.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Best / faster way is to file combined I-130 petition /I-485 adjustment. It takes about 4 months for most of my clients. (I am in the Los Angeles areas...time could be different in other parts of the country). Make sure to check with an attorney for any other issues. (You only stated he came legally, but many other conditions must be met..and I do not have the information). Good luck.
If he was admitted & inspected when he entered the U.S. Then the process should take 4-6 months, if you use a competent Immigration Attorney.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
You need to file an adjustment of status application for him. Depending on where you live it shouldn't take too long.