How can I legalize my husband if he's already living in the U.S.? 2 Answers as of May 19, 2011

How can I legalize my husband if he's already living in the U.S.? We've been married for almost three years and have only heard from the people we've consulted that he has to go back for 10 years and so on.

That is certainly a possibility if he came to the US without a visa. If he had a visa of some kind, then you should be able to "immigrate" him without much trouble. Do consult with a proper attorney and do not talk to people as very often the information you get has no basis in law or fact when applied to your particular circumstances. Every case is very different from another case, even when they look similar. Good luck!
That sounds like your husband entered without papers. Before you decide to do an extreme hardship waiver abroad for the ten year bar, make sure that he is not able to apply here. Look at the U visa, asylum and 245(i) eligibility either through himself or a family member.