How can I leave the house to my fiance? 3 Answers as of May 16, 2016

My house is in my name. If something happens to me, I want to make sure my fiance can keep the house.

Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd.
Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd. | Randall C. Romei
There are several methods that could be used to ensure that your home would be owned by your fiance in the event you should pass away. You could transfer the real estate into joint tenancy ownership with your fiance. You could transfer to the real estate to yourself using Transfer on Death language in the deed. You could execute a Will or Trust that includes a section transferring the house to your fiance. Each of these methods have advantages and drawbacks. Each of these methods have different legal ramifications now while you are alive and ease of transition after you pass away. You should meet with an attorney that could describe the legal ramifications of each method to determine which method best suits your needs and situation.
Law Office of T. Phillip Boggess | T. Phillip Boggess
There's a variety of ways. You could leave it to her in your will, create a trust, put the house in it and have her as a beneficiary. There's also a beneficiary (TOD) form that can be filed on the title of the house; however, I'm not the fondest of that option, but some attorneys love it.
Shimberg and Crohn, P.C. | Jonathan Shimberg
There are many ways to do what you want to do; a will a trust a Transfer on Death Instrument. You should consult with a competent estate planning attorney.