How can I keep my CDL after my first DWI? 6 Answers as of April 27, 2016

I had an accident and lost my license. Is there anything I can do to to keep CDL on my first offense?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You need to win the DMV Hearing and/or the case in court. But most of all, you need to call a DUI Specialist instead of handling the case on your own.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/27/2016
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
It's a very hard situation. Find yourself an extremely skilled lawyer, and see if he or she can convince the prosecutor to amend the charge to something other than OWI (= DUI).
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 4/26/2016
Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
Yes request an administrative hearing within 10 days of your arrest and fight the suspension.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/26/2016
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/26/2016
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Restricted after 30 days on first DUI.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/26/2016
    The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
    Retain an attorney ASAP. To restore your CDL, you will need to have a judge rescind your summary suspension, plus you will have to either win your DUI case or get it reduced to a lesser charge.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois
    Replied: 4/26/2016
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!