How can I keep child custody? Posted on June 11, 2011

I have joint custody of my 13 year old daughter. My ex-husband was very abusive, he's also been abusive with his current wife. He has a record now and DCFS has watched him also. I used my daughter's name to get a credit card and he turned me in. I turned myself in today and now I have a court date for it. My questions is this...he is going to use this all against me and try to take her away from me. Can he do this? She is also scared of him and doesn't want to be with him at all. I can't get a lawyer because of money and I just don't know what I can do legally about him. If he comes to my door and wants her to go with him do I have to let him take her? He's a very bad guy and he has tried to kill me and she has seen alot of it. He hasn't seen her in 18 months or paid child support. I'm on disability and I'm getting help from public aid. I have gotten child support involve now and they are going after him for support. So now he's mad and he knows that she's my life. Please I know this is alot but I really don't know what to do. If you could just give me some advice...any advice that would be so helpful. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: