How can I improve my credit after going through bankruptcy? 14 Answers as of June 06, 2012

How can I improve my credit after going through bankruptcy? Can I eliminate the record?

Debt Relief Law Center | Roger J. Bus
Pay all your bills on time. No ways that I am aware of to legitimately remove bankruptcy from your credit report before the time expires.
Law Office of Susan G. Taylor
Law Office of Susan G. Taylor | Susan G. Taylor
Purchase things on credit (car, house, credit cards, etc.), even if you have to get a secured credit card. Always make payments on time, & try to make more than the minimum payments.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
A bankruptcy filing will remain on your credit report for up to 10 years. To improve your credit during the meantime, you can apply for an auto loan or a prepaid credit card.
Robert Suhajda
Robert Suhajda | Robert Suhajda
Start using it and pay it back on time.
You can not eliminate the record. Start with a small secured card and use it wisely.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    You cannot eliminate the record. You can improve your credit after bankruptcy by getting a small, secured, credit card, and always paying ahead of time, never late.
    No you can not eliminate the record. It will show on your credit for 10 years. You can improve your credit by taking some credit cards after your bankruptcy discharge and showing that you can repay debt again.
    Your court required 2nd course answered this.
    Alvin Lundgren | Alvin Lundgren
    You can increase your credit score by paying your debts on time; obtain a credit card (usually a low value) and make regular payments.
    Usually the best way to repair credit is to have and use credit. You don't want to incur a lot of debt but you do want to have and use credit in order to repair your credit.
    Olson Law Firm | Edward M Olson
    You can make your payments on time for your mortgage or rent payment, car payment, and credit card payments. A history of on time payments will improve your credit score.
    Bankruptcy stays on your credit report for ten years, then it automatically drops off. The best way to improve your credit after bankruptcy is to pay your debts on time. You might also want to consider getting a secured credit card. After a year the card company often releases the security requirement.
    Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A.
    Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A. | Diane L. Drain
    There is no way to shorten the time that bankruptcy stays on your credit. But, here are some tips about reestablishing your credit.
    Attorney At Law | Harry D. Roth
    This is way too complicated for a short answer. There are a few bromides. Stay employed. Don't overuse credit. Keep your balances low or keep things paid completely off every month. Never use more than half your credit limit. Don't apply for new credit all the time. Don't be late on payments for anything, especially rent, mortgage and car payments. Pay your child support, on time. Don't get evicted. Don't have a repo. Check your credit report from time to time and dispute incorrect information on your report and keep on it until it is gone.