How can I immigrate to work in the US? 6 Answers as of July 08, 2013

I have B1/B2 visa want to work in US, how can it possible? Can I change visa B1/B2 to any work permit?

Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
You generally can change your status but first need to find an employer who petitions you under a suitable visa category. There is no general work permit.
B1/2 is for pleasure or business. It is not intended for people who seek employment. You should first see if you qualify for an employment based visa. Usually you will need an American company to sponsor you.
It depends on your educational background, work history and an specialized skill set you may have. There are also country-specific visas. The most common employment-based nonimmigrant visas are the H-1B, TN, L-1A, L-1B and E-1, E-2 and O-1.
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
You can change your status to a work visa if you qualify and have an offer from a US employer. You cannot self-petition for a generic work permit. However, you may invest or trade and obtain a visa based on a business you start or buy. This will depend on your nationality also.
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
There are many types of visas which would allow you to work in the US.