How can I help son who was falsley arrested for robbery? 5 Answers as of February 25, 2013

CALIFORNIA: My son was arrested on Friday for robbery. He was walking the dogs, not robbing anyone. Around midnight i received a call from the police. My son is never been in jail. He is 19 has a job and is very responsible. He was with a friend that has a record but they didn't do anything. Now he is arrested for robbery. What can we do?

Get him an experienced criminal law specialist.
Hire an attorney immediately.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
You need a lawyer for him. If you cannot hire a private attorney he will get a public defender.
Rizio & Nelson
Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
Obviously, I have no idea what kind of evidence supposedly ties your son to this robbery. There is no simple answer to your question other than to say "hire a lawyer".
How can I help ? By hiring him an attorney. A little free advice for him: exercise the 5th Amendment right to SHUT UP and do NOT talk to police or anyone about the case except with and through an attorney. When charged with any crime, the proper questions are, can any evidence obtained in a search or statement be used against you, can you be convicted, and what can you do? No amount of free 'tips and hints' from here or elsewhere are going to effectively help in a legal defense. If you don't know how to represent yourself effectively against an experienced prosecutor intending to convict, then hire an attorney who does, who will try to get a dismissal, charge reduction, diversion, programs, or other decent outcome through motions, plea bargain, or take it to trial if appropriate.