How can I help my spouse get a green card after they were deported for an assault and dui charge? 2 Answers as of July 22, 2011

My husband got deported after being charged with third degree assault domestic violence I want to file for him to get his green card. He has also had a DUI and driving with a suspended license what can I do.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
We need more facts to answer this question. Assuming that he was not legally in the US and he did not travel back and forth, you are a US citizen and his only convictions were as you say, you can file a petition, do consular processing and applicable waivers. This is both time consuming and complicated. You will need an experienced immigration attorney to navigate you.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/22/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Start with a standalone I-130 and wait for it to be approved and sent to the NVC for processing. When the NVC gets it, they will contact you and give you a step by step instruction in order to get a visa interview for him in his country of origin. I would recommend that you hire an attorney to handle at least the waiver portion of it if he found to qualify for such a waiver.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: