How can I help my sister? 5 Answers as of May 10, 2013

My sister’s ex husband was in the army. He cheated on her and never paid any bills while she was pregnant. Now he is trying to take her name of the birth certificate and put his new wife’s name. He beat my niece when she was 4 months old and the judge just made him spend one night in jail. I was there when these things happened.

So whats your question.
Kunin &Carman | Ishi Kunin
The scenario makes no sense. You cannot remove mom's name from the birth certificate unless there is an adoption. Has your sister not been involved? Is dad trying to terminate her parental rights?
You can help her by assisting in retaining an attorney. The farther is attempting the near impossible. Paternity should be established and support ordered.
You can give her money to pay an attorney to represent her properly.
Correia-Champa & Mailhot
Correia-Champa & Mailhot | Susan Correia Champa
Obtain an attorney. It sounds like he is trying to obtain your sister's consent of an adoption. I recommend you bring your sister to see an attorney.