How can I help my sister? 5 Answers as of May 10, 2013

My sister’s ex husband was in the army. He cheated on her and never paid any bills while she was pregnant. Now he is trying to take her name of the birth certificate and put his new wife’s name. He beat my niece when she was 4 months old and the judge just made him spend one night in jail. I was there when these things happened.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John Russo | John Russo
So whats your question.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 5/10/2013
Kunin &Carman | Ishi Kunin
The scenario makes no sense. You cannot remove mom's name from the birth certificate unless there is an adoption. Has your sister not been involved? Is dad trying to terminate her parental rights?
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 5/10/2013
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
You can help her by assisting in retaining an attorney. The farther is attempting the near impossible. Paternity should be established and support ordered.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 5/10/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
You can give her money to pay an attorney to represent her properly.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 5/10/2013
Correia-Champa & Mailhot
Correia-Champa & Mailhot | Susan Correia Champa
Obtain an attorney. It sounds like he is trying to obtain your sister's consent of an adoption. I recommend you bring your sister to see an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 5/10/2013
Click to View More Answers: